This is my current wishlist! Whether you’re a relative of mine looking for a present for a holiday or my birthday, or just an adoring fan who feels like buying something for me (:D), this is the place to go to find stuff I want. This list is not in any order, but I GUARANTEE IT’S UP TO DATE! My shirt size is Medium or Small. I don’t mind things being used (meaning eBay, Amazon Used and New, etc), as long as they’re in decent condition. If you can’t make up your mind on which item from this fabulously-constructed list to buy, you can always give me money instead, and I can decide for you. I promise to let you know how the money gets spent!
Also, this is obviously a list of jumping-off points. There are a few items on here that are highly specific, but for the most part feel free to be inspired by this list! I’m not nearly as picky as I used to be…
I also have an Amazon wish list, but it’s updated less frequently than this, and is probably less accurate.
Now, without further ado, I give you:
- A follow-focus - this is an incredibly handy little device for making movies – it helps you focus the camera.
- A light meter – reads the amount of light in a room, and treks you what settings to use on a camera to compensate. Very handy.
Games (not video games – the old fashioned board variety):
- Zombie Dice
- Trivial Pursuit: LotR
- Risk: Lord of the Rings
- Any other cool-looking board/card/etc games! I love these things.
- A Song of Ice and Fire deluxe UK edition – Very rare, out of print editions of the Game of Thrones series. Hardcover, gold-embossed, etc. Obviously these ones are very expensive, but if you spot them for less in a bookstore or something, I figured I’d put it out there as a possibility.
- Novels from the Discworld series, by Terry Pratchett
- Neil Gaiman novels
- If it has space ships, if it has time travel, if it has robots, if it has dragons, if it has magic, if it’s funny, or just really interesting, I’m probably interested in reading it.
- Books on cinematic lighting, cinematography, camera theory, anything like that.
- Three Word Phrase
- Really, anything with pretty art. Art books from movies and video games are generally really great.
General Stuff I Want:
- The PRO SKUB Shirt (A joke from a comic I love, on the nature of nerds – we obsess over things, and hate each other for obsessing over different things, even though nobody else knows what we’re talking about at all. I love it!)
- Shapeways Gift Cards – These let me print 3D objects that I design on the computer out of plastic, metal, even glass. It’s pretty much the coolest thing in the world, but it’s almost prohibitively expensive to print anything large. Gift cards would help a lot! You can also see some of the things I’ve printed already.
- Amazon gift cards – Useful for buying Kindle books and other awesome stuff.
- Food! Chocolate? Delicious things.
Remember, Medium is best, when it comes to shirt sizes!
Movies on Blu-Ray or DVD, including (but not limited to):
- Lord of the Rings – Extended Edition
- Super 8
- Jurassic Park Trilogy
- Pulp Fiction
- Reservoir Dogs
- Star Wars Trilogy – It should look like this one (the theatrical edition)
- The IT Crowd: Season 4
- Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut (not Director’s cut!)
- The Bourne Trilogy
- Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog
- Seasons of Doctor Who on DVD: Four, Five, and Six. I already own season one, two, three, and the specials.
- Classic Doctor Who! I haven’t seen any of it, and most of it is not available online. Anything from the early 60′s all the way up to the 90′s. It’s all good, and I want to see it.
First of all, let me just explain something. I am an obsessive collector of Myst-related paraphernalia. I already own all of the Myst games, all of the Myst books, and many of the Myst collectibles. However, there are certain collectibles I don’t own (due to them being expensive, rare, or something I just haven’t bothered to get yet for some reason), and there are a few editions of the games I don’t yet own. These items comprise this list, and anything from this list would be greatly appreciated.
- MYST:Book of the Black Ships #1 (with the cover that has 3 people on it, not the blue cover with an oval!)
- Ages of Myst – Fifth anniversary special edition of Myst, in a cool box.
- Uru: Ages Beyond Myst – To round out my collection, I need this edition of Uru.
- Uru: Path of the Shell Expansion Pack – an expansion pack for the above edition of Uru.
- Myst V – To round out my collection, I need the standard edition of this game. This is the white box version, for mac or pc.
- Myst V Limited Edition – And of course, the limited edition as well. This has a black and red box, for mac or pc.
- Any of the Myst books (Book of Atrus, Book of D’ni, Book of Ti’ana) in paperback or audio book format. I already have these in hardcover, and the combined “Myst Reader” book.
- Book 2 of the Crowthistle Chronicles (Well of Tears) – Make sure the CD is included! The book by itself isn’t interesting, just the included CD.
- Any Myst game for a system apart from PC or Mac (meaning PS2 games, Xbox, etc.) Doesn’t matter if they’re playable or not, if I have the system or not, whatever! Seriously, if it says Myst on it and its for a video game console, I want it!)
- Any Myst game in another language! If you’re visiting foreign lands and happen to see a copy of a Myst game in a language besides English, pick it up for me and I will love you forever.
- Any other Myst paraphernalia (T-Shirts, calendars, books, collectibles in general, etc etc. Clothes don’t need to fit, calendars don’t need to be current, if it’s a Myst-related product I probably want it)
This page was last updated on 5/5/13